Banana-Nut Latte Smoothie

WHO LOVES COFFEE IN A MORNING?!
 Okay, who needs coffee in a morning? Well, I am very openly a morning person, and so not to brag, but I don't usually need coffee first thing. My mood goes rapidly downhill from 3pm onwards though, until at around 9pm I crash and burn, accompanied by a pair of pyjamas, a box set/YouTube, and my dog. So coffee tends to help me avoid that on a particularly busy day.

Before I went to uni I had actually never had coffee. Other than the VitaCoco latte and mocha drinks (which I fell in love with during summer), I thought the stuff tasted awful. Coffee belonged in food- such as coffee and walnut cake. However, after becoming friends with an amazing and super glamorous mocha fan, I was talked into trying my first mocha. At that moment the world tilted on its axis, and I became a bit of a coffee fiend.

Anyway, in order to spread my wings a little further, you may have noticed some coffee themed recipes on the blog (supercharged monkey oats, and coffee and walnut overnight oats being my favourites- go take a look in the breakfast section). This beautiful creation is the latest, and let me tell you this: I may actually like it more than a mocha. First thing in the morning at least. It's cool, creamy, nutty, and gives you just enough of a caffeine buzz...

Ingredients


Method

That's it! Pour the smoothie into a glass, sip, and enjoy a guilt free caffeine hit...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,