Microwave Prune & Walnut Cookies

I know the connotations of prunes, okay? They're what your elderly relative with no teeth eats. Surely they aren't meant for young, healthy go-getters like you? But they are. I use prunes in many recipes, simply because they are easy to store, relatively cheap, and not as sweet and sugary tasting as dates. If you wish to change these into date and walnut cookies feel free, but I am a prune advocate. Just try them in these and see.
The cookies that you see are quick, healthy, all natural, perfectly soft, can be prepared with just a bowl, knife, plate, fork, and microwave- plus use basic ingredients you probably have in you kitchen right now. Therefore they make the perfect cookie for a healthy student, living on a budget, with no time for baking, and no money to buy cookies. I love these as an evening snack with a cup of tea, or even pre workout for a little energy lift.
Before I launch into the recipe, I have to thanks Blogilates for the basic recipe, which I adapted to create these. You can see this recipe here:  http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2012/11/19/easiest-healthiest-cookie-recipe-in-the-world/

Ingredients

Method

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,