Vegan Peanut Butter, Banana & Berry Stuffed French Toast

Vegan food is soooo borning, right? Just chickpeas, and lentils, and vegetables, and fruit...Before I get attacked by a pack of vegans searching for something fruity, this isn't my personal opinion. More and more I have realised that I could actually consume a vegan or vegetarian diet on a regular basis. I just love fish too much to follow it indefinitely. The number of vegan and vegetarian cafés in Newcastle has definitely converted me. But if you have no access to such beauteous things as these, then don't worry- I got you.

I hate French toast. I do not like the lingering egg-y taste left on my mouth. I hate the greasy-car wash sponge texture. BUT, I loved this recipe. The two afore mentioned problems were solved in that a) this obviously contains no egg, and b) I was cooking; no grease in my kitchen. I came across the recipe which inspired my version on PopSugar (you can view it here: http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Vegan-Breakfast-Recipes-37124614#photo-37124620), this recipe looked delicious- but I had berries languishing on my window sill, and bananas that needed using, and a craving for something (anything) with peanut butter, and wholemeal bread in place of sourdough. And what better way to say 'Happy Tuesday Em, you old fox you!' than something decadently stuffed with deliciousness? It's also healthy- did I forget to mention that? No added sugar, no eggs, wholemeal bread, one of your '5 a day', filling, slow release energy...it kept me going from 9am until 2:30pm without so much as a tummy rumble (which is some achievement).

So, give this a try (it's easy, I promise), and then tell me vegan food is boring...

Ingredients

Method
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13909063/?claim=s7uwe3r565u">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,