Cherry, Goji, Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Seed Granola

There are a lot of things that I don't like to eat unless I've made it. In general this includes granola.
Shop bought granola can be way too sweet, and also tends to resemble miniature rocks. But a friend I made at uni told me that she actually makes her own granola, and I've been turning this over in my head for a while now. This also coincided with my finding one of my all time favourite YouTubers: Carly Rowena. Another friend (I can't believe we got to know each other properly so late in the year; she is the only person I've spoken to who knows who Scola Dondo is, and who also works out to YouTube) introduced me to Carly's channel, which I'd only briefly looked at before. Anyway, I won't give you 500 words on my developing hero worship of Carly Rowena, but she makes her own granola too. And she posted a super easy, adaptable recipe on her Instagram a while back. One screenshot later, and I'm making my own granola.
I'll link Carly's basic recipe here (http://www.carlyrowena.com/search?q=granola), but for my first ever batch of homemade miniature rocks I bought dried goji berries, cherries, chunky peanut butter, and pumpkin seeds. I spent my last £10 on this stuff, so this had better taste good.
Now I'm not going to lie: I am incredibly proud of this granola, which is sat cooling in front of me, and I can't wait to eat it. It would probably taste amazing warm too. It filled my kitchen with a rich peanut butter cloud of good smelling-ness, and it's cooling down to develop a wonderful crisp texture, but not of jawbreaker proportions. I'll be developing several more flavour combinations using this recipe, but for now I hope that you all enjoy this one. I can feel a granola making phase of my life developing guys.

Ingredients (one serving = 35g finished product)

Method

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,