Pear & Blackberry Smoothie

I have an intense dislike of ripe pears. You know that point that some call "juicy", when they're actually basically a pear-flavoured mush in a green jacket? I eat all of my fruit (other than avocadoes and berries I suppose- and bananas, they have to be super-ripe. And there's probably another couple of examples) slightly under ripe. I love the crispness of a fresh pear, and the crunch of an apple. My nectarines need bite, and my peaches must be crunchy. But those over-ripe pears...they have no place in my life.
As a result I try to use them up before they reach this point, and I yesterday I happened to find a pear just beginning to move past "juicy", into the mush zone. I popped that little bugger in to the fridge overnight (to cool him down and give me a better end product), then threw him into a blender for breakfast. Problem solved.





Ingredients (Serves 1-2. I drank it all.)


Method

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,