Chocolate- Peanut Butter Chickpea Cookies

There's always going to be a moment in a peanut butter addict's life when they realise that they are actually addicted to peanut butter. I had mine with these. Because guys, I think that the peanut butter is very subtle in these lovely little cookies, but everyone I have forced into trying them said that they had a wonderfully strong nutty taste. Clearly my taste buds have become desensitised peanut butter.

But I'll bet the words 'peanut butter' weren't the first your eyes saw. I'll bet that you noticed the words 'chickpeas' and 'cookies' side by side. Sounds unusual, but take a look at the picture to the left and I'm sure that you'll be slightly more convinced. Actually try them and you'll be sold- especially when they're fresh out of the oven, although you'll want to leave them about 5 minutes first as they can be a bit delicate immediately after cooking.
The texture is soft, and almost cake -like, you cannot taste the chickpeas, just the cocoa. And if you aren't me, the peanut butter too. The real joy of these cookies is the little pockets of dark chocolate, so make sure to add those chocolate chunks in.

If you are gluten intolerant then you can eat these safely, as they don't contain any flour. Chickpeas are also rich in fibre, and give you a little bit more protein than your average cookie would. Let's get going...


Ingredients




Method
These will keep in an air tight tub for about 3 days, if they last that long.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,