Lentil, Veg & Bean Soup


Who doesn't love a big bowl of soup, with chunks of warm bread and butter when the weather gets cold out? And here in Newcastle it is certainly doing that. When at work I have to put up with smell of soup all day- often two or three delicious soups. That I get to watch other people eat. So when I get in on a Tuesday and a Saturday I reach for a portion of this: my homemade lentil and veggie soup. Plenty of warming spices, colourful vegetables, and so of course plenty of nutrients to ward off colds. If, like me, you're trying to up your protein and build some muscle (or even just want a more filling meal), then make a soup and sandwich combo (I love sourdough with butter, tomato, and quorn sausages), or have your bread on the side with two boiled eggs.

The best thing about this recipe is that you can adapt it to suit yourself- just see the notes at the bottom of the post. I like a soup with liquid and then some chunks (think minestrone texture), but if you tend to like a dish that verges on stew territory then simply don't add so much water.

Have fun making this and enjoy the finished product. I have a freezer full of the stuff to see me through long library sessions, rainy afternoons, and dark winter evenings...



Ingredients (Serves 4-5)


Method

OPTIONS...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,