Hunky Monkey Banana Bread (Chocolate, Hazelnut & Banana)


In the background of the above picture you see a regular banana bread- in the foreground the Hunky Monkey Banana Bread. A combination of hazelnut butter, cocoa, and banana that is to die for- but also fairly good for you compared to most cakes. This moist and gooey loaf contains nut butter for some protein and healthy fats, no refined sugar (we're using honey instead),cocoa for a hit of antioxidants and rich chocolate flavour- if you have cacao then you can up the antioxidant count even more- and banana, for natural sweetness, some potassium, fibre, and moist texture. This loaf also freezes well, and can be defrosted easily in the microwave when needed.
Anyone who knows me, knows I point blank adore my banana bread. I have a tearoom near me in Newcastle that makes an amazing chocolate-banana cake, and a banana bread recipe I found on Scola Dondo's blog which I have used faithfully for a couple of years now I think. But the one thing I always feel is missing from anything banana (or banana and chocolate) is a good dollop of nut butter. Which is why this loaf had to be created. I eat this as a snack, or for a dessert with a scoop of fro-yo, or ice cream. You could even eat it toasted for breakfast I suppose. If you have a real chocolate addiction...


Ingredients (makes 12 slices)


Method

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,